This is what I wrote a few days ago:
“‘The last few days have been different for me.
Usually I think I’m a ”glass half full” kind-of-person, but the last few days I’ve felt that it’s been more empty. Just seems that no matter how much I try my outlook has been a bleak one. The initial novelty of moving to a new place is wearing off, and I’m finding myself struggling, from one bad moment to another.
I honestly thought that I would be able to cope much better than I have…hey my mum and dad managed to raise my sister and I without help from family!
I was thankful for a chat with my sister-in-law the other night…she encouraged me to find the joy and do a few things for myself. She’s also a muso, and knows how frustrating it can be when that something that you practically live and breathe is not happening for whatever reason.”
I’m glad to say that I feel like I’m feeling more like a “glass half full” person again. My Wonderful Husband has been so patient with me, not to mention the kids. I’ve also appreciated the input of friends both old and new , including Cath aka SquiggleMum and Kelly at Be A Fun Mum. I hope I get to meet Kelly one day.
A big difference has been prioritising things in a better way. For me this includes:
– enough sleep
– enough fun time with each member of my family
– being able to listen to or play music that suits my mood
– hanging out with another mum at least every other day, even if it’s just for a few minutes
– having some things to look forward to (I can’t wait to see Sting with my husband next week!)
– remembering that God is roaming with me, wherever I am, whatever I’m doing, however I’m feeling.
So, as Howard Jones sang in the 80’s (yes, I am a child of the 80’s :))
THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER!
What helps you to keep your glass full?